Everyone loves to hear that someone actually enjoys their blog, right? Well, Gwen from Little Growing Pains has kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award, and it totally made my day. Gwen is a wonderful writer who often manages to uncannily reflect my own feelings in her beautiful words and stories. I totally recommend checking out her blog.
Since I recently nominated my favorite blogs in another post, I think I’ll bend the rules a little and just answer the questions posed by Gwen, because they’re fun.
1. If you could insert yourself (as yourself) into any literary world of your choosing, what would it be? This is actually the first question my girlfriend ever asked me! I’d have to go with either Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, or Ulysses.
2. Coffee or tea? Definitely tea. Coffee makes me too jittery. Plus tea is delicious, it has the magical ability to make me feel good about life, it’s healthy, and it comes with lovely accessories.
3. What is the WORST piece of advice you’ve ever been given? I honestly have no idea. That’s probably a good thing.
4. Crumple or fold? Fold.
5. If we were to go on a date (hypothetically), where would you take me and why? Antique shopping/a walk along the river in Old Town. I always find it easy to exclaim over antiques, and walks are good for conversation.
6. If you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself one thing, what would it be? “Don’t worry, you will have a girlfriend someday.”
7. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Peppermint.
8. What kind of toothpaste do you use? Aquafresh Extreme Clean.
9. Above all else, what are you afraid of? Not seeing enough of the world before I die.
10. So far, what has been your favorite age to be and why? Age 8 was great–as was my entire childhood, really. Age 18 was also awesome, because I was the captain of my high school’s dance team, and we did really well that year. And finally age 22 was nice, because I loved college, I studied in Ireland, and I lived with my best friends.
11. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Run a marathon.
I’m also supposed to list 11 facts about myself, but if you’d like to learn more about me, it’s best to do so here, where I blog about my life and being queer.