I’m pleased to say that the brilliant Tara at The Crazy Bookworm has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award. Thank you, Tara! It is a joy reading your blog. I’m glad you’ve found mine enjoyable as well.
As per the rules, I’m to divulge 7 facts about myself and nominate 7 other blogs deserving of the title “One Lovely Blog.” So, here goes nothing:
1. I believed in Santa Claus until I was an astounding 11 years old. One day when I was in 5th grade, one of my classmates said that Santa wasn’t real, and I got this terrible panicky feeling. It was all downhill from there.
2. I grew up in central Illinois, but I currently live in Michigan. When I was 21, I lived for three months in Limerick, Ireland, and I’ve also spent time in Northern Ireland, Germany, Greece, Austria, Italy, the Netherlands, England, Scotland and France.
3. I first suspected I was gay when I realized I had a crush on Mulan at age 12. Since I grew up in a very small, rural town, I kept my queerness mostly a secret until I was about 19 years old. Now I work at a nonprofit lesbian publishing company.
4. I stopped watching Glee cold turkey when Brittany and Santana broke up. The Brittana fandom was basically my life for an entire year. My best friend and I even made a big paper chain to count down to their first onscreen kiss (February 14, 2012).
5. In high school, I was a good student and very well-behaved. One evening, though, when I was nearly alone in the school after an art guild meeting, I unstapled everything on my school’s large sports-themed bulletin board and restapled it upside down. They never knew it was me. The student who righted the bulletin board received Student of the Week.
6. My favorite things to drink are tea and beer. For tea, I love Tazo Zen, and for beer I love Oberon and Leinenkugel’s.
7. I have a leopard gecko named Banana. He is a ham.
And now for my 7 lovely blog nominations! I only created this book blog 4 months ago, but in that time I’ve discovered many wonderful blogs and bloggers (not all book blogs, either!). Each of these is insightful, entertaining and informative. Check them out!